Monday, January 23, 2006

Rainbow Cupcakes and Pigskins...



I have decided. I have the best friends in the whole world. My new group of friends from Louisville are so amazing. For my birthday my friend Sara made me cupcakes in a rainbow, Steve bought me dinner, Melissa bought me a book card growing diamond ring and bubble bath, and josh got me a football. Along with all this my friends rallied together some other friends and we all went downtown in the 65 degree weather (its never been that nice on my birthday, usually it snows and I can remember lots of snow days where I didnt have to go to school on my birthday) and we played football at the Riverfront park in downtown Louisville. How fun! Despite the argument over who won (the lights shut off in the middle of a crucial play) it was sooo much fun. This fun birthday brings back some fond memories of other amazing birthdays....

The Rollerskate party of 2003. My friends rallied together and surprised me with a skate party after I was taken out to my favorite restaraunt. What a great birthday!

The 16th birthday. My 16th was so awesome, my mom and dad and sister helped me to throw a birthday party of a lifetime fitted with a wrestling ring in the great room and 3/4 of my high school spread across my house. I'll never forget that one either.

The fact that every birthday my little (not so little anymore i guess, they are now in High School) cousins call every year and sing to me. They are starting to get embarrassed and their mom has to make them, but I love those little happy birthdayers!

No offense guys....but the best part of this birthday was my mom and I's conversation about when i was a baby. She was so sad that i am growing up and am now 23 and she wanted to reminisce about how beautiful of a baby I was. She says I was just perfect....made me almost cry. If the conversation would have stopped there it would have been perfect unfortunately she continued with "I need babies Amanda, you have to get married and have me some grand babies..." My mom is baby crazy, but regardless her telling me stories of when I was a kid will be cherished forever.

11 Comments:

At 11:38 AM, Blogger Erin said...

Remember the old guy that we skated with? He was amazing...

Happy B-day, beautiful! I'm glad your friends in Louisville are doing a good job on loving on ya. Hopefully I'll get to come down sometime to love on you myself.

 
At 1:15 PM, Blogger sara said...

I hope we did a good job loving on ya. The rainbow cupcakes were pretty amazing if I do say so myself. You're 23...stay strong...refuse to fall into the "baby trap". Moms can hold out...they have no choice!

 
At 11:03 AM, Blogger Lucas said...

lol I love your mom.

You should have said, "Well, Mom... since you bring it up... I'm pregnant."

Happy B-Day

Do they have Cheddar's in L-Town?

 
At 1:54 PM, Blogger Mandybear said...

We do have Cheddars...not as good as Springfield though....

 
At 3:53 PM, Blogger Josh said...

well tell your mom you'll stop taking the pill and we'll keep trying....

 
At 6:51 AM, Blogger Mandy said...

hahaha. Your mom cracks me up. Tell her that day will come soon enough!

I remember your skating party, that was fun! And remember the time a bunch of us went out to eat for you, Aubs, & Allison's birthdays? the 3 A's! That was a crazy night too! didn't we go bowling or something afterwards?

man, we're all growed up. can you believe it?

 
At 5:20 PM, Blogger Lucas said...

I think you should tell the tale of the girl's mock version of the Snowbird. I believe it was running to the sidwalk in hooker boots.

 
At 6:41 AM, Blogger Adam said...

My birthday parties used to be amazing. We would camp outside in a tent(s) and reek (reak?) havok on Streator. Do it till we got chased by cops and call it a night.

The funny thing is we had to keep it small, and people would ask when it is. If you had to ask that wasn't a good sign.

 
At 9:13 AM, Blogger Mandybear said...

I was hott and you know it sister! This story brings back a whole wave of memories including the time Erin and I went to MidNight Mass....we were so cool and the time we did the ANGEL RUN. Remember Toni's reaction girls??? HA HA HA.

 
At 1:17 PM, Blogger Erin said...

Shhhhhhhhh! I thought we swore to secrecy. Man, that was so much fun. I think I stole the pictures of the angel run from Jonikay; they are freakin' hilarious! My boots haven't been the same since that night; the heels all wiggly now... probably from you biffing it in the snow...

 
At 10:23 AM, Blogger Erin said...

Hey Amanda, do you remember Dirty?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home