Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Officially not ready for kids...

So its official....I am not ready to be a mother. Cami went out of town last night and I was left with Katie. Responsibility was minimal, get her from school, get her dinner bath and bed, then get her ready for school in the morning and drop her off. You'd think, oh not so big of a deal. I handled it, but I was a crazy person. I never understood why my mom ran around the house up and down and up and down all morning long until today.

I have a newfound overwhelming respect for my mom and all she has done for me. So this morning, I grab her clothes and get her dressed and make her poptart then do my hair and half done I get her backpack and shoes ready, then get my purse and makeup, then realize I dont remember where I put her shoes and that we are already late and my hair is still half done and I have no makeup on. No wonder moms are crazy! One simple task of getting ready in the morning turns into craziness. Maybe next time I will opt for sanity over sleep and get up an hour earlier.

6 Comments:

At 6:25 PM, Blogger Mandy said...

awww that is too cute. and yes, i appreciate moms so much more after seeing my sister take care of maddy too. you have to sacrifice so much of yourself. i'm too selfish for that right now.

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger Lucas said...

Wait, didn't you just tell me that you wanted four or five rugrats?

 
At 6:12 AM, Blogger Mandybear said...

not any time soon...

 
At 11:13 AM, Blogger Lucas said...

Well, if you're not ready for kids I guess you have to quit that "night job" you have.

"What a slut... bong!"

I'm still just getting warmed up to the idea of being an uncle.

 
At 11:19 AM, Blogger Mandybear said...

you totally stole the "bong" that I stole from Matt and Beef who I think stole it from Jake Clark...

 
At 12:38 PM, Blogger Lucas said...

...Who stole it from Jay and Silent Bob in the movie Mallrats...

"snoochybootchies"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home