Monday, January 09, 2006

Yee-Haw Cowboy!



Its true....this weekend my family came to Louisville for the first time and since well this is Kentucky and my brother is the most hick down home child I have ever met we went to the PBR (professional bull riding) event in downtown Louisville. Now I have many many comments about this auspicious event, however I will admit I had a blast. My sister and I were cracking jokes and really hitting Austin hard with ridiculous comments, which came back to bite us later. We loved it! It was so fun, good music, hott cowboys, ballpark hotdogs, and the fear of someone could die from this is a scary combination for a good time. Looking around I saw 3,000 of my little brothers all equiped with camo, stetsons, big belt buckles, boots, and of course carharts. My brothers first reaction was "I told you I should have brought my boots to Louisville mom." Needless to say I loved it and look forward to my next PBR fiasco!

7 Comments:

At 7:16 AM, Blogger sara said...

Sounds like it was a blast. wish I could have gone. mainly for the chance to wear my "too-hot-to-trot" Harley cowgirl hat. would have been awesome!!!

 
At 11:02 AM, Blogger Mandy said...

aw i'm so glad the fam got to come down! i can't believe how old your brothers are. man, we're getting old.

pretty soon we're going to be like the old people we dressed up like a long time ago from the Bible Bowl garage sale clothes!

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger Erin said...

I'm jealous about the cowboys; love the picture of, um, the bull...

 
At 4:12 PM, Blogger Lucas said...

I went to the PBR at the Mark Twain dam in Hannibal. I wore my cowboy hat, belt buckle, and western wear. I picked up my friend to go with and they almost wouldn't be seen with me. When we got there. I blended. They stuck out. It was a flippin blast.

Did anyone get gored when you were there?

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger Mandybear said...

Austin is taller than me and alex is my height seriously what happened? I can still take them both down though, they tried to other night, I'll be honest in 6 months to a year Austin will officially be stronger than me. Its so bitter sweet!

I'm not to sure about the goring while I was there, one of the clowns got hurt pretty bad I think...too many hott cowboys walking around to pay attention!

 
At 10:08 AM, Blogger Mandy said...

ok so i thought i left this comment once but it didn't go through.

i just wanted to know who took those pics of you on your myspace and on here w/ you in your blue hat and scarf. they are really really cute! they look like they're for your SECC staff profile or something, and they're so cute!

 
At 5:11 PM, Blogger Lucas said...

Are you kidding, she has one look. Am I the only one who sees it? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!

There must be something more to life than looking really really really really ridiculously good looking.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home